Asus is one of the top laptop brands in the world. The company has manufactured a wide range of laptop models over the years. Asus laptops are known for their great batteries. A new and genuine Asus laptop battery (Batterie D’ordinateur Portable Asus) can last for up to two years. However, despite these incredible qualities, Asus laptop batteries may need to be replaced after a while. For this reason, this post discusses replacement laptop batteries.
What is a laptop battery?
A laptop battery is a hardware component used for powering a portable computer. Laptop batteries do not usually have a direct connection to a power outlet. Instead, they are typically connected to the computer’s charging port. This allows you to recharge them using a laptop charger.
Why would you need a replacement laptop battery?
There are numerous reasons why you may need to replace your laptop battery. Below are a few reasons;
1. Swelling of the old battery
One of the most apparent reasons you may need a new laptop battery is the swelling of your old battery. A swollen battery may influence the performance of your laptop significantly. In extreme cases, it may also cause your laptop’s enclosure to break. This is especially the case if your laptop battery is built-in. One of the primary reasons for the swelling of a laptop battery is extreme current coursing in an uncontrolled manner within the battery. The batteries may also swell because of their age and overuse. Note that there is no other cure for a swollen battery other than replacing it.
2. Reduced capacity
Another common reason why getting a replacement battery may be necessary is if your battery capacity reduces. The battery capacity refers to the amount of time your battery can stay without needing to be recharged. The capacity usually reduces due to the aging of the battery and constant use.
You may also have to replace your laptop battery if:
- Your laptop refuses to turn on, and you are sure there is no internal or operational issue.
- If the battery refuses to charge
Where can you get a new Asus battery?
If you are looking for a replacement battery for your Asus battery, below are some places you should consider;
- The manufacturer- the first place you should look for a replacement battery is from the brand manufacturer. However, in some cases, reaching the manufacturer may be hard and expensive.
- Third-party retail stores- you can also get a good replacement battery for your Asus battery from a third-party store online or offline. If you choose this route, you must ensure that the seller is reputable. You must also test the quality of the product and read their customer reviews and testimonials.
There are numerous online and offline stores where you can get a replacement Asus laptop battery. If you choose an online store, you have to be very careful and consider the product quality, cost, reputation, and seller’s experience. When buying a new laptop battery, you must ensure that it is the same model and brand as your old one. You must also check its capacity.